Lemon & Coconut Slice
A quick and easy healthy sweet slice combining two of my favrouite ingredients - Lemon & Coconut.
As mentioned, first thing in the morning, I always have a large glass of lemon infused water for digestive support. It’s a great way to stimulate digestion (helping to stimulate production of stomach acid and bile). Lemons are also a great alkalizing food that is hydrating, nourishing, strengthens the immune system and full of Vitamin C, Calcium and potassium. Lemons are also very good for skin and help to flight inflammation.
Coconut has a high nutritional value and is a great source of healthy fats. When choosing dried coconut whether is desiccated, shredded or threaded, I always choose organic and unsweetened. Unsweetened coconut usually contains less preservatives than sweetened and isn’t treated with sulfites which are used to keep it white (as often in sweetened coconut). Coconut is another versatile ingredient – it is often associated with sweet dishes but can be used in savoury dishes too i.e. sprinkled over salads, in Curries
This recipe is super simple and very quick. Another recipe the whole family can enjoy. I stored the Lemon & Coconut Slice in the fridge and found it also freezes well. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Don’t forget, if you attempt this recipe, I’d love you share it on Facebook, or Instagram (tag me @glutenfreemum and #glutenfreemum). Additionally, if you would like to subscribe to my recipe blog, you can sign up here.
P.S. If you would like someone to discuss your health goals with, I would love to work with you one-on-one. I practice a holistic approach where I consider your individual needs related to health in terms of both nutrition and aspects of your lifestyle. We can work together and look at how all parts of your life affect your health and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness. Find out more
- 1x mashed ripe banana
- 2x eggs
- 3T Honey (or sweetener of choice)
- 1t vanilla extract
- 1/4c lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3c Coconut Flour
- 1c unsweetened shredded coconut (save 2-3 T for the topping)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Combine all wet ingredients together.
- Add Coconut flour and shredded coconut to the wet ingredients (don’t forget to leave some of the shredded coconut for the topping). Combine together. You can also mix together in a food processor but if so, add the shredded coconut last and pulse to combine.
- Pour mixture into a lined square baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining shredded coconut.
- Bake for 20-25 mins (until golden).
*Use organic ingredients where possible