Raw Lemon Slice
I'm a real sucker for anything citrus so I created this tasty raw lemon slice that I know you will love.
LEMONS, LEMONS, LEMONS!! I love citrus and in particular anything with lemons. Lucky for me, lemons are in season at the moment and this year and our tree is full of this tasty fruit!
Last year I posted a healthy take on the traditional Lemon Slice, and previously a Lemon and Coconut slice. So this year I wanted to experiment with a raw lemon slice and I have a found a winner. AND it is one the whole family enjoys.
As with all my recipes, I like them to be super simple and as quick as possible. As a busy Mum, I don’t have time to spend hours in the kitchen making my healthy treats. The only dishes that you will need in this recipe is a blender – I literally threw the base ingredients in my Vitamix (a food processor would also work) and combined and pressed into a loaf tin. Once the base was in the freezer, I gave the Vitamix a wee rinse and placed the topping ingredients in and poured over the top of the lemon base. Thats it! Super simple with barely any dishes – I also try very very dishes as I also don’t want to spend lots of time cleaning up!
I also included the option of adding doTERRA lemon essential oil to the recipe. This is optional but takes this slice to the next level. Please note, I wouldn’t use any other brand in my cooking. doTERRA oils are of the highest quality and purity which means I am happy to include in my recipes. Please contact me if you have any questions on the oils.
So there you have it, a quick and easy, tasty raw lemon slice. Free from gluten, dairy, refined sugar egg and with a nut free option. While I type this, I am eating a piece of the slice which I have just pulled out of the freezer. I actually prefer it like this. So if you manage to keep some aside for the freezer, then you can reach for the slice whenever you have a sweet craving. Otherwise, keep the slice in the fridge.
As always, I hope you try this tasty raw slice – its a healthy treat that is super simple to make, full of nutritious ingredients and I know you’ll love it too.
P.S. If you would like to find out more about essential oils, please contact me. We also hold “foodie workshops” where we demonstrate how you can incorporate these amazing oils into your kitchen.
P.S.S If you would like some to discuss your health goals I would love to work with you one-on-one. I practice a holistic approach where I consider your individual needs related to health in terms of both nutrition and aspects of your lifestyle. We can work together and look at how all parts of your life affect your health and make sustainable changes that improve your health and happiness. Find out more
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c activated BW groats *
- 1/4 c dates (soaked 10mins)
- 1/2 c unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 T coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/2 T rice malt syrup
- 4 x drops doTERRA lemon essential oil (optional)
- 1/2 c coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 c unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c + 2 T lemon juice
- 1 – 2 T honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 t vanilla extract
- 8 x drops doTERRA lemon essential oil (optional)
- Additional zest to sprinkle over top
- Buckwheat flour could work
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Add dry ingredients to blender (I used a Vitamix) and combine
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and mix
- Add base mix to a loaf tin and press down firmly
- Please i freezer for half an hour
- Add all ingredients to a blender and combine
- Pour over base and sprinkle zest over top
- Freeze for 30mins
- Remove from freezer and chop into squares
- Store slice in the fridge (it also freezes well)
- Use organic ingredients where possible
- To make it nut free use ie sunflower flour instead of almond flour
- You can use any sweetener i.e. honey, maple syrup, brown rice malt syrup
- If choosing to use lemon essential oil, please use doTERRA (this is the only brand I trust to add to food).